When I eat prawns, they have to be spicy. This a recipe that’s packed with heat and flavour.
- 400g of tiger prawns, shelled and de-veined
- 100g of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups of coconut milk
- 1 tblsp of yellow curry paste¹
- 1 tblsp fish sauce
- 1 fresh chilli
- fresh coriander
- 1 lime
Heat half the coconut milk in a pot or wok and bring to the boil before simmering for ten minutes, to reduce. next add the yellow curry paste and continue to simmer, stirring occasionally. After another ten minutes, add the fish sauce, the rest of the coconut milk and the tomatoes. Cook for another five to ten minutes, allowing the sauce to bubble gently and reduce. Finally, add the prawns and allow to cook in the sauce for three to four minutes. Withdraw from the heat and pour into a serving dish. Garnish the plate with strips of chilli and coriander. Squeeze the juice of the lime over the mixture, before serving with boiled rice.
¹Yellow curry paste
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 clove to garlic, finely chopped
- 1 inch of fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 head of lemongrass, finely chopped
- 1 spoon of mustard powder
- 1tspn cinnamon
- ten chillis, finely chopped
- tspn of finely chopped coriander
mix these in a blender or pestle and mortar, until reduced to a fine paste. This should keep in a sealed jar for a couple of weeks, in a fridge.